The Society for Applied Microbiology is the oldest microbiology society in the UK, serving microbiologists around the world. It’s core vision is to drive improvements in the applications of microbiology so they contribute to addressing the significant challenges facing humanity. Their circa 2700 members are at the heart of the Society, working and studying in organisations across the world.
SfaM were looking for a platform that would enable them to easily manage their member services and provide their members with an exceptional online experience.
They found that Microsoft Dynamics was too advanced an enterprise system for their needs - so moved to all-in-one platform ReadyMembership.
Everything members’ need
SfaM’s new website is based on out-of-the box ReadyMembership. This gives members all the tools they need to manage their membership online. They can join and pay online and get instant access to their membership. Member login also enables them to manage their details, book events and access exclusive resources. SfaM members can apply for grants and nominate peers for fellowships and awards through the website.
Instant online event booking
- ReadyMembership’s event management tool means that when members book a webinar through the Sfam website they are automatically sent a unique private link to join their webinar
- Sfam team are using features throughout the platform to elevate communication with their members
- They schedule pop-up announcements on their homepage to alert members about events, opportunities and resources
- The team have created online forms to get members’ feedback on their talks and webinars
- They are also using the platforms groups module to manage the work of scientific committees
Flexible grades and pricing
- With an international membership flexibility in grades and pricing is essential for Sfam. The platform allows them to configure bands and rates to reflect the local income of members
- Membership renewals used to be fixed in January. If a member joined part-way through the year their membership would run until the following January. Now members can join at any time and get a full year’s membership
- Emails are sent two months prior to renewals with follow up automatic reminders and lapse periods if members don’t pay
Easy membership management
- ReadyMembership makes the day-to-day running of the organisation easy from running renewals to organising scientific committees
- The email centre allows the team to send communications on everything from annual reports to monthly newsletters and Micro-Talk webinars. They can target members by grade or location if needed
Sfam’s new platform has made it easier for this small organisation to manage their membership operations and given them new tools to engage with members. Microbiologists across the world are benefitting from a new website which gives them easy access to everything they need to support their professional development.
Book a demo
Book a personal demonstration of the ReadyMembership platform with one of our experienced membership consultants.